Focus and Scope
JIME was established in September 1996. Its aims are:
- To publish leading international research on the theories, practices and experiences in the field of educational technology.
- To foster a multidisciplinary and intellectually rigorous debate on the theoretical and practical aspects of digital media in higher education.
- To clarify the cognitive, social and cultural issues raised by the use of digital media in higher education.
- To explore and promote open access in education in the age of digital publishing and communication.
- To radically improve teaching and learning through better interactive media.
Publication FrequencyThe journal publishes on a continual basis, with new articles coming online as soon as they have passed peer review and been copyedited and typeset. Special collections may be released together.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Authors of articles published remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the Creative Commons license agreement.
The journal’s publisher, Ubiquity Press, focuses on making content discoverable and accessible through indexing services. Content is also archived around the world to ensure long-term availability.
Ubiquity Press journals are indexed by the following services:
CrossRef, JISC KB+, SHERPA RoMEO, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), EBSCOHost, and Google Scholar. In addition, all journals are available for harvesting via OAI-PMH. This journal is also indexed by European Reference Index for Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS).
If the journal is not indexed by your preferred service, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by making an indexing request directly with the service.
Advertisement policyThe journal only displays advertisements that are of relevance to its scope and will be of interest to the readership (e.g. upcoming conferences). All advertising space is provided free of charge and the editor and publisher have the right to decline or withdraw adverts at any point.
If you wish to propose a potential advert then please contact the editorial team. All adverts are displayed in the right column of the journal and will need to fit a 120 pixel wide space. All advert images will have to be provided to the publisher.